How to make Lava in Minecraft
This Minecraft tutorial explains how to craft lava with screenshots and step-by-step instructions.
You are watching: minecraft how to make lava
In Minecraft, lava is all around you in the game. You will find lava in small pools in the Plains biome or you will discover lava when you are mining underground. You can also find lots of lava in the Nether.
Although lava is found everywhere in the game, you can not make it with a crafting table or furnace. Lava is also not available through the Creative Inventory menu. You can use a lava bucket to add lava to your world. You can also use a game command such as /fill or /setblock, but you can’t give yourself lava with the /give command.
Lava is available in the following versions of Minecraft:
PlatformSupported (Version*) Java Edition (PC/Mac)Yes Pocket Edition (PE)Yes Xbox 360Yes Xbox OneYes PS3Yes PS4Yes Wii UYes Nintendo SwitchYes Windows 10 EditionYes Education EditionYes
* The version that it was added or removed, if applicable. NOTE: Pocket Edition (PE), Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Windows 10 Edition are now called Bedrock Edition. We will continue to show them individually for version history.
Where to find Lava in Creative Mode
Lava is not available in the Creative Inventory menu. You must use a game command or a lava bucket to get this item.
How to get a Lava Block in Survival Mode
You can add lava to your world in Survival mode by using a lava bucket. So let’s get started!
1. Hold a Lava Bucket
First, select a lava bucket in your hot bar so that you are holding it in your hand.
See more: how to make a mule minecraft | Pink Army
2. Use the Lava Bucket
Next, position your pointer (the plus sign) on the block where you want to pour the lava out of the bucket. The game control to use the lava bucket depends on the version of Minecraft:
- For Java Edition (PC/Mac), right click on the block.
- For Pocket Edition (PE), you tap on the block.
- For Xbox 360 and Xbox One, press the LT button on the Xbox controller.
- For PS3 and PS4, press the L2 button on the PS controller.
- For Wii U, press the ZL button on the gamepad.
- For Nintendo Switch, press the ZL button on the controller.
- For Windows 10 Edition, right click on the block.
- For Education Edition, right click on the block.
You should see the lava appear on the ground and you will have an empty bucket in your hot bar.
Congratulations, you just learned how to make a lava block in Minecraft.
Item ID and Name
Things to Do with Lava
Here are some activities that you can do with lava in Minecraft: