How to Shear a Sheep in Minecraft
This Minecraft tutorial explains how to shear a sheep with screenshots and step-by-step instructions.
You are watching: how to shear a sheep in minecraft
In Minecraft, you can add wool to your inventory by shearing a sheep. Wool is used is many crafting recipes. Let’s explore how to shear a sheep.
Required Materials to Shear a Sheep
In Minecraft, these are the materials you can use to shear a sheep:
Steps to Shear a Sheep
1. Find a Sheep
Once you have the required materials, you need to find a sheep to shear.
If you are having trouble finding a sheep, you can always summon a sheep using a cheat or you can use a spawn egg.
2. Hold the Shears
Next, you need to select shears in the hotbar so that you are holding them in your hand.
3. Use the Shears
Now you can use the shears on the sheep. The game control to use the shears depends on the version of Minecraft:
- For Java Edition (PC/Mac), right click on the sheep.
- For Pocket Edition (PE), you tap on the sheep.
- For Xbox 360 and Xbox One, press the LT button on the Xbox controller.
- For PS3 and PS4, press the L2 button on the PS controller.
- For Wii U, press the ZL button on the gamepad.
- For Nintendo Switch, press the ZL button on the controller.
- For Windows 10 Edition, right click on the sheep.
- For Education Edition, right click on the sheep.
When the sheep has been sheared, you will hear a snip sound and wool will appear next to the sheep.
Make sure you pick up the wool right away, because it will disappear after a while.
Things to Do with Sheep
Here are some activities that you can do with sheep in Minecraft: