How to make Red Sand in Minecraft
This Minecraft tutorial explains how to craft red sand with screenshots and step-by-step instructions.
You are watching: how to make red sand in minecraft
In Minecraft, red sand is an item that you can not make with a crafting table or furnace. Instead, you need to find and gather this item in the game.
Let’s explore how to add red sand to your inventory.
Red sand is available in the following versions of Minecraft:
PlatformSupported (Version*) Java Edition (PC/Mac)Yes (1.7.2) Pocket Edition (PE)Yes Xbox 360Yes (TU31) Xbox OneYes (CU19) PS3Yes (1.22) PS4Yes (1.22) Wii UYes (Patch 3) Nintendo SwitchYes Windows 10 EditionYes Education EditionYes
* The version that it was added or removed, if applicable. NOTE: Pocket Edition (PE), Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Windows 10 Edition are now called Bedrock Edition. We will continue to show them individually for version history.
Where to find Red Sand in Creative Mode
How to get Red Sand in Survival Mode
See more: Compass | Pink Army
You can add red sand to your inventory in Survival mode by finding a block of red sand to dig up. Red sand is usually found in a special Mesa biome. So, let’s get started!
1. Find Red Sand
First, you need to find red sand in your Minecraft. Red sand is usually found in the Mesa biome.
This is what red sand looks like:
2. Hold a Tool
You can dig up red sand with anything including your hand, but it is faster to use a tool such as a shovel:
In this example, we are going to use a diamond shovel to dig up the red sand because it has higher durability than the other shovels.
3. Mine the Red Sand
The game control to mine the red sand depends on the version of Minecraft:
- For Java Edition (PC/Mac), left click and hold on the red sand.
- For Pocket Edition (PE), you tap and hold on the red sand.
- For Xbox 360 and Xbox One, press and hold the RT button on the Xbox controller.
- For PS3 and PS4, press and hold the R2 button on the PS controller.
- For Wii U, press and hold the ZR button on the gamepad.
- For Nintendo Switch, press and hold the ZR button on the controller.
- For Windows 10 Edition, left click and hold on the red sand.
- For Education Edition, left click and hold on the red sand.
You will need to continue to dig until the block breaks and a smaller block of red sand finally appears. The block of red sand will float on the ground.
4. Pick up the Red Sand
Make sure you pick up the red sand before it disappears.
Once you pick up the red sand, it will appear in your hotbar.
Red Sand is a useful item and should be kept in your inventory to be used later.
Item ID and Name
Give Command for Red Sand
Things to Make with Red Sand
You can use red sand to make items in Minecraft such as: