- Supported Platforms
- Where to find a Lava Bucket in Creative Mode
- Required Materials to make a Lava Bucket
- How to get a Lava Bucket in Survival Mode
- 1. Find Lava
- 2. Hold a Bucket
- 3. Fill the Bucket with Lava
- Item ID and Name
- Stackable Information
- Give Command for Lava Bucket
- Things to Do with a Lava Bucket
- Other Buckets
How to make a Lava Bucket in Minecraft
This Minecraft tutorial explains how to craft a lava bucket with screenshots and step-by-step instructions.
You are watching: how to make a lava bucket in minecraft
In Minecraft, a bucket of lava is one of the many basic items that you can make. A lava bucket can be used as a fuel in a furnace to smelt/cook 100 items (1 lava bucket will burn in a furnace for 1000 seconds). This makes a lava bucket the best fuel in the game.
Let’s explore how to make a lava bucket.
A lava bucket is available in the following versions of Minecraft:
PlatformSupported (Version*) Java Edition (PC/Mac)Yes Pocket Edition (PE)Yes (0.7.0) Xbox 360Yes Xbox OneYes PS3Yes PS4Yes Wii UYes Nintendo SwitchYes Windows 10 EditionYes Education EditionYes
* The version that it was added or removed, if applicable. NOTE: Pocket Edition (PE), Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Windows 10 Edition are now called Bedrock Edition. We will continue to show them individually for version history.
Where to find a Lava Bucket in Creative Mode
Required Materials to make a Lava Bucket
In Minecraft, these are the materials you can use to craft a lava bucket:
How to get a Lava Bucket in Survival Mode
You can add a lava bucket to your inventory in Survival mode by filling a bucket with lava. So let’s get started!
1. Find Lava
First, you need to find a source of lava in your Minecraft world.
2. Hold a Bucket
Next, select a bucket in your hotbar so that you are holding it in your hand.
3. Fill the Bucket with Lava
While standing in front of the lava, fill up the bucket with lava. The game control to collect the lava in the bucket depends on the version of Minecraft:
- For Java Edition (PC/Mac), right click on the lava.
- For Pocket Edition (PE), you tap on the lava.
- For Xbox 360 and Xbox One, press the LT button on the Xbox controller.
- For PS3 and PS4, press the L2 button on the PS controller.
- For Wii U, press the ZL button on the gamepad.
- For Nintendo Switch, press the ZL button on the controller.
- For Windows 10 Edition, right click on the lava.
- For Education Edition, right click on the lava.
You will see the message “Lava Bucket” appear on the screen and your bucket will turn orange with lava.
Congratulations, you have made a lava bucket in Minecraft!
Item ID and Name
Give Command for Lava Bucket
Things to Do with a Lava Bucket
Here are some activities that you can do with a lava bucket in Minecraft:
You can make other types of buckets in Minecraft such as: