How to Remove Potion Effects in Minecraft
This Minecraft tutorial explains how to remove potion effects with screenshots and step-by-step instructions.
You are watching: how to get rid of potion effects in minecraft
In Minecraft, potions and splash potions can give you special effects. These effects can be removed right away if you don’t want them. Let’s explore how to remove the effects of a potion.
In Minecraft, these are the required materials to remove the effects of a potion:
Steps to remove Potion Effects
1. Select a Bucket of Milk
If you have special effects from either a potion or splash potion, you will see colored swirls floating all around you. These potion effects may be positive or harmful, but either way, there is a way to remove them immediately.
First, select a bucket of milk in your hotbar.
3. Drink the Milk
Next, use the milk. The game control to use the milk depends on the version of Minecraft:
- For Java Edition (PC/Mac), right click and hold.
- For Pocket Edition (PE), you tap and hold.
- For Xbox 360 and Xbox One, press and hold the LT button on the Xbox controller.
- For PS3 and PS4, press and hold the L2 button on the PS controller.
- For Wii U, press and hold the ZL button on the gamepad.
- For Nintendo Switch, press and hold the ZL button on the controller.
- For Windows 10 Edition, right click and hold.
- For Education Edition, right click and hold.
You should now see yourself drinking the milk.
After a few seconds, you will stop drinking and the bucket will be empty in your hotbar.
Now, the colored swirls should disappear. This means that you are no longer under the effects of any potion or splash potion.
Congratulations, you just learned how to remove the effects of a potion in Minecraft.