How to Chop a Tree in Minecraft
This Minecraft tutorial explains how to chop down a tree with screenshots and step-by-step instructions.
You are watching: how to cut down a tree in minecraft
In Minecraft, you can add wood to your inventory by chopping down a tree. Let’s explore how to do this.
Steps to Chop Down a Tree
1. Find a Tree
First, you need to find a tree. There are 6 different types of trees that you can chop down to get wood – oak, spruce, birch, jungle, acacia and dark oak.
Readmore: Tesseract | Pink Army
In this example, we have found an oak tree to chop down.
2. Target the Tree Trunk
Next, move closer to the tree and position your pointer (the plus sign) somewhere on the tree trunk. You should see the block become highlighted in your game window.
3. Chop the Tree
Now you can chop down the tree. The game control to chop the tree depends on the version of Minecraft:
- For Java Edition (PC/Mac), left click and hold on the tree.
- For Pocket Edition (PE), you tap and hold on the tree.
- For Xbox 360 and Xbox One, press and hold the RT button on the Xbox controller.
- For PS3 and PS4, press and hold the R2 button on the PS controller.
- For Wii U, press and hold the ZR button on the gamepad.
- For Nintendo Switch, press and hold the ZR button on the controller.
- For Windows 10 Edition, left click and hold on the tree.
- For Education Edition, left click and hold on the tree.
You will need to continue to chop until the block breaks.
See more: Griefing | Pink Army
In Survival mode, the block of wood will float on the ground. Make sure you pick up the wood before it disappears.
Once you pick up the wood, it will appear in the first empty box in your hotbar.
Wood is a useful item and should be kept in your inventory to be used later.
Congratulations, you just learned how to chop down a tree in Minecraft.