How to Breed Pigs in Minecraft
This Minecraft tutorial explains how to breed pigs with screenshots and step-by-step instructions.
You are watching: how to build a pig in minecraft
In Minecraft, you can breed pigs and make cute baby pilgets. Let’s explore how to breed pigs.
Required Materials to Breed Pigs
In Minecraft, these are the materials you can use to breed pigs:
Steps to Breed Pigs
1. Find Two Pigs
Once you have the required materials, you will need to find two pigs to breed.
If you are having trouble finding pigs, you can summon a pig using a cheat or you can use a spawn egg.
Your pigs will need to be close together when breeding, so we have built a fence to keep our two pigs from running away.
2. Use the Carrots
Next, with the carrots selected in your hot bar, you will need to feed the carrots to each of the pigs, one at a time.
The game control to use/feed the carrots to the pigs depends on the version of Minecraft:
- For Java Edition (PC/Mac), right click on the pigs one at a time.
- For Pocket Edition (PE), you tap on the pigs one at a time.
- For Xbox 360 and Xbox One, press the LT button on the Xbox controller.
- For PS3 and PS4, press the L2 button on the PS controller.
- For Wii U, press the ZL button on the gamepad.
- For Nintendo Switch, press the ZL button on the controller.
- For Windows 10 Edition, right click on the pigs one at a time.
- For Education Edition, right click on the pigs one at a time.
As you feed the carrots to the pigs, you will see red hearts appear over their heads. Each of these pigs is entering love mode.
Once you have fed both pigs, they will turn to each other and red hearts will continue to appear over their heads.
After a moment, the red hearts will disappear and a cute baby pig will be standing there.
Now you will have two adult pigs and one baby pig.
Congratulations, you just learned how to breed pigs in Minecraft!
Things to Do with Pigs
Here are some activities that you can do with pigs in Minecraft: