Duelist is one of the specializations available for the rogue class in Dragon Age: Origins, which focuses on face-to-face combat.
Dueling Sustained Range: Personal Upkeep: 30 Fatigue: 5% Cooldown: 5s The duelist focuses on proper form, gaining a bonus to attack while the mode is active. Keen Defense adds a bonus to defense while in this mode. Upset Balance Activated Range: Personal Activation: 25 Cooldown: 15s Requires: Level 12 The duelist executes a quick move that throws the opponent off balance, imposing penalties to movement speed and defense unless the target passes a physical resistance check. Keen Defense Passive Requires: Level 14 The duelist has an uncanny knack for simply not being there when the enemy attacks, receiving a bonus to defense. Pinpoint Strike Activated Range: Personal Activation: 60 Cooldown: 180s Requires: Level 16 The duelist has learned to strike the vitals of an enemy with pinpoint accuracy and from any angle. For a moderate duration, all successful attacks generate automatic critical hits.
You are watching: dragon age duelist
Readmore: Blood Altar | Pink Army
Duelist can be unlocked by talking to Isabela in The Pearl, a brothel in Denerim. She must be persuaded, seduced or beat in a card game to get her to teach the specialization. If you are trying to beat her in a card game, keep trying even if you lose. Eventually, Leliana or Zevran will offer to help you and then you will beat her.
- Beating Isabela by catching her hand as she draws cards requires ‘medium’ Dexterity according to the toolset (at least 20-22 dexterity).
- Characters with at least one point in Stealing can steal winning cards from the deck if they shuffle or cut the deck – enough to win the game.
- With a sufficient Cunning score (20-30 CUN) the player can accuse her of drawing on cards she has held back.
- With a point in Stealth it is possible to look at her hand.
- It is easier to catch Isabela cheating during the second round of the game, owing to her “running out of ale.”
- If you “take a break” from the game and return only to fail at beating her a second time, she will no longer be willing to teach the specialization.
- Seducing Isabela and avoiding Wicked Grace altogether requires 75 Cunning or 3 points in the coercion skill.
- Dragon Age: Origins – PRIMA Official Strategy Guide
- The Missing Manual
Classes and specializations in Dragon Age: Origins