This article belongs to the Reboot Timeline
“ Remarkable, a duplicating alien. ”
You are watching: ben 10 slapback
– Phil Billings.
Slapback is the Omnitrix’s DNA sample of an Ekoplektoid from the planet Ekoplekton.
Slapback takes the appearance of a green humanoid frog with grey metallic eyebrows and green eyes. He wears a blue, black, and white jumpsuit covering all except for his arms and feet, as well as a grey and black mask.
Slapback wears the Omnitrix symbol on his back.
Powers and Abilities
Slapback is capable of duplicating himself to an unknown degree when his back is struck. This can also be accomplished whenever Slapback applies sufficient pressure on his own back by pressing the Omnitrix symbol.
The clones are not linked in any way and can act independently from one another.
Each time he duplicates, the resulting Slapback clones become smaller and stronger by a proportionate amount.
Slapback’s clones get more durable the more they multiply, with Slapback quarters being durable enough to harm Bashmouth.
Slapback’s clones also become denser as they multiply, being able to withstand powerful winds. It is possible for Slapback to duplicate enough to become as dense as a black hole.[DR 1]
Slapback is heat resistant and immune to lava. His clones are able to float on lava.
Slapback is quite agile even while split into clones, as shown when his halves dodged Tetrax’s crystal shard projectiles while riding some hijacked drones.
The Slapback clones can fuse back together into the original Slapback form.
Slapback seems unable to control his duplicating powers, as each strike on his back forces him to duplicate unwillingly.
There is a clear limit to Slapback’s flexibility, as he cannot reach his back if his arms are in a certain gesture. Therefore, he is required to seek help from others when trying to activate either his duplication powers or his Omni-Kix form.
The combined weight and mass of each set of Slapback clones may cause issues to his surroundings. This limits how many he can reasonably make but at the same time reducing the risk of copies being harmed.
Since each of the clones have their own sense of individuality, Slapback can end up fighting himself if incensed.
If Slapback times out, the Slapback clones are automatically fused back to the original Slapback.
Slapback’s duplicating powers can be exploited, resulting in the clones being too small to take on others bigger than him.
Slapback’s clones can be fused back together with enough force.
- In Innervasion Part 5: High Override, Slapback was added to the active playlist due to the Omnitrix’s reboot.
- Slapback first appeared in Omni-Copped, where he tested his powers inside the Omni-Copter.
- In Rath of Con, Slapback appeared in a daydream.
- In Cyber Slammers, Slapback appeared in a daydream.
- In LaGrange Muraille, Slapback failed to stop LaGrange.
- In Buggin’ the Buggs, Slapback defeated Maurice and Sydney and helped to clean up the Chrysalen Institute.
- In Four by Four, Slapback appeared in a daydream, in which he and his clones inhabited all of Twin City.
- In The Claws of the Cat, Slapback tried to demonstrate to Gwen his sole responsibilities as a hero.
- In Forever Road, Slapback defeated LaGrange and destroyed his device.
- In The Night Ben Tennyson Came to Town, Slapback accidentally destroyed the train switch before eventually using his clones to replace the gap.
- In Xingo Nation, Slapback fought Thornblade before later teaming up to defeat Xingo.
- In Heat of the Moment, Slapback defeated the Weatherheads and convinced them to chase Bashmouth, after returning to their emotionless selves.
- In Steam Fight at the OK Corral, Slapback battled the Clocktopus until he reverted.
- In Bottomless Ben, Slapback went Omni-Kix off-screen to escape the bottomless pit.
- In Ben in Rome, Part 2: The Bee’s Knees, Slapback went Omni-Kix off-screen to battle the gladiator bee.
- In Party Poopers, Slapback battled Frightwig and was overwhelmed by Zombozo’s army of hypnotized children before being rescued by Gwen.
- In Digital Quality, Slapback went Omni-Kix with help from Bashmouth.
- In The Hex Factor, Slapback appeared in a daydream.
- In Buktu The Future, Slapback confronted Phil Jr. before eventually going Omni-Kix with the latter’s help.
- In Ben 10 Versus the Universe: The Movie, Slapback attempted to escape from the trial, avoiding attacks from Tetrax in the process, only to be defeated by Milleous and reverted.
- In Ben Gen 10, Slapback pinned down Rex Salazar, Gwen as Four Arms, and Max as Cannonbolt before being surrounded by Hex’s army of mind-controlled aliens.
- Also, Slapback appeared as one of the many alien templates used for Hex’s army.
- Omni-Copped (first appearance)
- Rath of Con (daydream)
- Cyber Slammers (daydream)
- LaGrange Muraille
- Buggin’ the Buggs
- Four by Four (daydream)
- The Claws of the Cat
- Forever Road
- The Night Ben Tennyson Came to Town
- Xingo Nation
- Heat of the Moment
- Steam Fight at the OK Corral
- Bottomless Ben (offscreen transformation; goes Omni-Kix)
- Ben in Rome, Part 2: The Bee’s Knees (offscreen transformation; goes Omni-Kix)
- Party Poopers
- Digital Quality (cameo; goes Omni-Kix)
- The Hex Factor (daydream)
- Buktu The Future (goes Omni-Kix)
- Ben 10 Versus the Universe: The Movie
- Ben Gen 10
Cartoon Network Arcade
Slapback is a playable character, which is unlocked by default.
Naming and Translations
Language Name Origin French Frappadouble From frappe, punch and double, double German Doppelschlag From doppelt, double and schlag, punch Italian Sdoppione From sdoppione, splitter Polish Pacak Portuguese (Br) Tapinha From tapinha, pat Romanian Dublură From dublură, Copy Russian ШлепокСлэпбэк From шлепок, slapFrom the original English name Spanish (HA) Slapback From the original English name Turkish Böl-Geç From the original English name
Slapback’s name is a combination of the words “slap” and “back”; this is a reference as to how his duplication powers work: by slapping his back.
A “slapback” is also a kind of doubling echo with relatively long delay between repetitions of the sound, so that the individual echoes can be perceived.
- Slapback’s name was coined by Gwen and approved by Max, Phil, and a Slapback quarter when his quarters held a vote on the name.
- Ben’s proposed names for the alien were “Big Boy” and “Brawno.”
- Slapback replaces Grey Matter in the active playlist.
- Slapback’s frog-like design resembles Bullfrag, though Frightwig has interpreted him as a being turtle-like.
- Slapback’s voice becomes higher-pitched the more he duplicates.
- It has never been established whether or not Slapback has a limit on his duplication.
- Despite being introduced in the Reboot Dimension, Slapback also exists in the Classic Timeline.[DR 2]
- Slapbac’s powers are similar to Echo Echo’s, though the clones having individual personalities make him more in line with Ditto.
- Their nature and execution of Slapback’s powers (i.e. being able to create duplicates by applying kinetic energy anywhere on the body) are very similar to Multiple Man from Marvel Comics though while Multiple Man can use any part of his body, Slapback can only use his back.
Transformations Introduced in Season 1 Cannonbolt • Diamondhead • Four Arms • Gax • Grey Matter • Heatblast • Overflow • Stinkfly • Upgrade • Wildvine • XLR8 Introduced in Season 2 Rath • Shock Rock Introduced in Season 3 Humungousaur • Slapback Introduced in Season 4 Goop • Jetray • Way Big Introduced in Season 5 Big Chill • Bloxx • Buzzshock • Chromastone • Ripjaws • Spidermonkey • Surge Omni-Enhanced Aliens Cannonbolt • Diamondhead • Four Arms • Grey Matter • Heatblast • Overflow • Stinkfly • Wildvine • XLR8 Omni-Kix Aliens Cannonbolt • Diamondhead • Four Arms • Heatblast • Humungousaur • Jetray • Rath • Shock Rock • Slapback • XLR8 Omni-Naut Aliens Heatblast • Jetray • Humungousaur • Shock Rock Fusion Aliens Amalgam Alien • Amalgam Ben • Grey Arms • XLRArmBlastDiamondHeat Non-Canon Aliens Banana Alien • Black Hat Alien • Hotdawg • Mole-Stache • Scooter Alien Non-Canon Fusion Aliens Omnitrix Glitch Fusion • Diamondhead-Humungousaur Fusion • Rath Arms • Shock Blast
Readmore: Shears | Pink Army