- Ben as Wildmutt
- Ben 10,000 as Wildmutt
- Powers and Abilities
- Ben 10
- Five Years Prior to Omniverse
- Alien Force
- Ultimate Alien
- Future (Original)
- Race Against Time Timeline
- Video Games
- Ben 10 (HyperScan)
- Ben 10: Omniverse
- Ben 10: Omniverse 2
- Naming and Translations
- Crew Statements
- Duncan Rouleau
- Dwayne McDuffie
- Dave Johnson
- Derrick J. Wyatt
This article belongs to the Classic Timeline
“ Chill. I have animal instinct. ”
You are watching: ben 10 reboot wildmutt
– Ben referring to Wildmutt.
Wildmutt is the Omnitrix’s DNA sample of a Vulpimancer from the planet Vulpin.
Ben as Wildmutt
Wildmutt appears to be a large orange dog-like creature with no eyes, ears, nose, or tail. He stands on all fours and his movements are somewhat apelike. His teeth are very defined and his bottom jaw sticks out of his mouth. The various spines found all across his body function similarly to whiskers with tactile sensing, and are not fur.[DJ 1] Since Wildmutt has no eyes, he uses his sense of smell and hearing to navigate, which are aided by three gill-like nostrils located on each side of his neck.
In the original series, Wildmutt wore a black-and-white brace with the original Omnitrix symbol on his left shoulder.
In Back with a Vengeance, Wildmutt wore a yellow raincoat.
In Merry Christmas, Wildmutt briefly wore fake antlers while disguised as a reindeer.
In Don’t Drink the Water, 4-year-old Wildmutt, nicknamed Wildpup, looked very similar to his 10-year-old self, but a lot smaller and thinner and having holes in place of claws.
In Race Against Time, Wildmutt looks the same, except his fur is darker.
In Ultimate Alien, 16-year-old Wildmutt looks mostly the same except his fur is lighter in color. While his lips were still black in the Ultimate Alien intro, they were in the same color as his fur in the actual series. He wore the Ultimatrix symbol on his chest. Kevin as Wildmutt shares these traits.
In The Forge of Creation, 10-year-old Wildmutt looked mostly the same as in the original series, except his lips were in the same color has his fur, his shoulder brace did not have any white on it, and the original Omnitrix symbol was recolored green.
In Heroes United, 16-year-old Wildmutt looked exactly the same as in the original series but his fur was a darkish orange.
In Omniverse, Wildmutt’s lips have returned to being black and his forearms are a bit bigger. 16-year-old Wildmutt wears a green and white collar with the Omnitrix symbol.
11-year-old Wildmutt looks closer his appearance in the original series than 10-year-old Wildmutt in Ultimate Alien, what with the white returning to the shoulder brace, though the Omnitrix symbol is still colored green.
Ben 10,000 as Wildmutt
Ben 10,000’s Wildmutt was larger than his 10-year-old self, had stripes on his back, his appearance had shifted to a more feline form due to the presence of a tail. Wildmutt wore the Omnitrix symbol on his forehead.
Powers and Abilities
Wildmutt’s main ability is his sense of smell. As he has no eyes, his “vision” is made up of a dull 3D mapping of where his senses originate, similar to a thermograph. Combined with his enhanced hearing, his senses take the form of a radar or sonar, allowing him to still perceive his environment more clearly.
Wildmutt can sense invisible entities, therefore making invisibility useless against him.
Wildmutt’s enhanced speed and reaction time allows him to dodge, evade, and counterattack effortlessly with the help of his senses.
Wildmutt can track almost anything and anyone by their scent.
Wildmutt has enhanced strength, as he could tear apart one of Vilgax’s Drones with ease, throw a dumpster at a group of Limax, and tear off the roof of a car at age 10. By age 16, he is strong enough to carry a Florauna on his back without difficulty (even while running), hold his own against a Buglizard, and pin down a Merlinisapien.
Wildmutt can dig deep craters at a fast speed, even while digging through solid stone ground.
Wildmutt has enhanced agility that allows him to run, jump, and climb at an inhuman rate. He is highly acrobatic and gymnastic, with such movements being similar to that of an ape.
Wildmutt is durable enough to survive a steel tower falling on top of him and jump through a glass window.
Wildmutt is a quadruped. However, he is capable of standing on his hind legs, and he can punch, somewhat awkwardly, by doing this. In addition, his feet are prehensile, as he caught Gwen with his foot as she was about to be sucked into space.
Wildmutt possesses razor-sharp teeth and claws, the latter of which he can use to climb vertical surfaces.
Because of how he does not see in the conventional sense, Wildmutt is not afraid of Toepick’s species.[DJW 1]
Although he has never trained himself to do so, the porcupine-like quills on Wildmutt’s back supplement his sonar and can also serve as weapons, either protecting him while he’s rolling or as projectiles fired off at will. However, he can only do this when he reaches adulthood.[pop-up 1]
Wildmutt cannot talk in human languages. Instead, he communicates through a combination of barking and snarling. Due to this, it is extremely difficult for anyone to understand him.
Wildmutt’s lack of eyes makes him completely dependent on his other senses (mainly olfactory).
Wildmutt’s senses are very sensitive, making him vulnerable to anything that can overwhelm his senses, such as a high-pitched sound.
Wildmutt has a weakness against magic, as shown when Gwen put a spell on him.
When infected with a cold, Wildmutt’s nostrils (on the sides of his neck) get blocked by mucus, making him unable to smell or hear and rendering him essentially “blind.” In addition, his fur discolors from its vivid orange to a pale yellowish-orange tone, and his lips and claws turn from black to a sickly dark green hue.
- Wildmutt first appeared in And Then There Were 10, where he defeated one of Vilgax’s drones.
- In Permanent Retirement, Wildmutt and Gwen escaped from a group of Limax before they defeated one that was impersonating Max, and followed the scent of the Limax ship to find it.
- In Last Laugh, Wildmutt battled the Circus Freaks, but was scared into defeat by Zombozo.
- In Lucky Girl, Wildmutt tried to save some construction workers from falling, but Lucky Girl ended up doing so instead.
- In Side Effects, Wildmutt, due to a cold, was unable to battle Clancy and ended up accidentally destroying things, including a market, and almost got Gwen blown up by fireworks.
- In Secrets, Wildmutt briefly appeared while he was captured. Later, Wildmutt surrendered to Vilgax so the latter would spare Max and Gwen.
- Also, Wildmutt appeared as one of the many alien templates used for Vilgax’s army in an imaginary sequence.
- In Truth, Wildmutt tried to negotiate by talking with two Vulpimancers, but failed and was forced to fight them.
- In The Big Tick, Wildmutt failed to defeat the Great One.
- In Framed, Gwen mentioned Wildmutt was used by Kevin to terrorize Tallahassee, Florida. Later, Ben as Wildmutt was defeated by Kevin as Upgrade and saved a cable car from falling into the sea.
- In Camp Fear, Wildmutt searched for Max, during which he discovered the lower parts of Camp Opinicon and the sentient plants.
- In Tough Luck, Wildmutt was used in a magic act and battled Hex and Charmcaster.
- In Ghostfreaked Out, Wildmutt tried to help a kid down from a tree only to be tricked and tortured by Ghostfreak in a dream.
- In Back with a Vengeance, Wildmutt appeared three times. Firstly, he was used by the Master Control and accidentally scared a man in the process, causing him to fall off the boat and prompting Wildmutt to switch into Ripjaws to save him. Then, Wildmutt was seen in a photo. Later, in the Null Void, Wildmutt tried to avoid Vilgax and Kevin 11, but was caught and had to switch into Stinkfly.
- In Midnight Madness, Wildmutt tried to stop some thieves before being chased by the police.
- In Merry Christmas, Wildmutt pretended to be a reindeer in order to get Gwen and Elsgood into Mr. Jingles’ factory.
- In Under Wraps, Wildmutt hoed a field.
- In The Visitor, Wildmutt stole Gwen’s kite, prompting her to put him under a spell that made several dogs fall in love with him. Wildmutt escaped them by hiding in a tree.
- In Ben 10: Secret of the Omnitrix, Wildmutt appeared when the Omnitrix malfunctioned. Later, Wildmutt helped Tetrax search for an intruder, who turned out to be Gwen. He then accidentally opened the air lock and saved Gwen from being sucked into space.
- In Don’t Drink the Water, four-year-old Wildmutt (Wildpup) defeated Hex’s digger monster.
- In Ben 10 vs. the Negative 10: Part 2, Wildmutt battled the Mutant Prairie Dog and Cooper’s security drones.
- In Dogged Pursuit, Wildmutt saved an old lady’s purse and got complimented by her.
- In Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens, Wildmutt attacked Ben in a dream.
- In Fame, Wildmutt was seen on TV.
- In The Forge of Creation, Wildmutt tried to get the Rust Bucket 3 free before 16-year-old Ben reverted him.
Five Years Prior to Omniverse
- In Evil’s Encore, Wildmutt freed himself, Max, and Gwen from a sack.
- In War of the Worlds: Part 1, Wildmutt was unlocked by the Master Control.[DM 1]
- In Viktor: The Spoils, Wildmutt briefly appeared when King Xarion was searching through the Ultimatrix for Ampfibian.
- In It’s Not Easy Being Gwen, Wildmutt was used offscreen to find Dr. Animo.
- In Prisoner Number 775 Is Missing, Wildmutt searched for Prisoner 775 and briefly battled him before going Ultimate.
- In The Purge, Wildmutt searched a Forever Knight castle, but found nothing of importance.
- In Ben 10/Generator Rex: Heroes United, Wildmutt appeared as one of the many aliens when Ben was explaining his story to Rex.
- In Inspector 13, the Ultimatrix turned Kevin into Wildmutt during a car ride to the Techadon Factory, which caused him to crash his car.
- In The Ultimate Enemy: Part 2, Wildmutt went Ultimate to battle the Esoterica.
- In Have I Got a Deal for You, Wildmutt chased the Screegit while giving Pax a lift before he reverted.
- In Of Predators and Prey: Part 1, Wildmutt fought Buglizard. Later, Wildmutt tested some of Pakmar’s dog whistles.
- In Malefactor, Wildmutt was dunked in the Ben 10 Dunk Tank.
- In Store 23, Wildmutt was one of several aliens Ben was showcasing for Ben 23.
- In Ben Again, Wildmutt was used by 11-year-old Ben in 16-year-old Ben’s body to track a pipe with coordinates.
- In Return to Forever, Wildmutt battled the Forever Knights while trying to destroy the Highbreed Pulse Generator.
- In Something Zombozo This Way Comes, Wildmutt sniffed Zombozo and found that he was actually Jerry dressed up as a decoy.
- In And Then There Were None, Wildmutt battled Eon before coming to No Watch Ben’s defense.
- In And Then There Was Ben, No Watch Ben as Wildmutt defeated Gwen 10 as XLR8.
- In No Honor Among Bros, Wildmutt tried to find Fistrick in his lair.
- In Fight at the Museum, Wildmutt chased and caught Subdora.
- In A New Dawn, Wildmutt appeared for a short time when Ben was cycling through his aliens.
- In Ben 10,000, Wildmutt was defeated by Vilgax, so he switched into Heatblast.
Race Against Time Timeline
- In Ben 10: Race Against Time, Wildmutt defeated Eon by throwing him out of the timeline and helped Gwen with her magic act.
- In A Villain a Day, Wildmutt battled Urban Gorilla.
- In Barbershop Blues, Wildmutt defeated Louie the Hairdresser.
- In Alien Data Files: Wildmutt, Wildmutt appeared in video footage.
- In Mountains of Trouble, Wildmutt scared a lady into fainting, frightened away some boy scouts, and fought Phil until the latter sent him back to the present.
Ben 10 (HyperScan)
Wildmutt is a playable alien in the game.
Ben 10: Omniverse
Wildmutt is a playable alien in the game (by both 11-year-old and 16-year-old Ben).
Wildmutt can release a sonic attack capable of stunning enemies.
Ben 10: Omniverse 2
Wildmutt is a playable alien in the game (only on 3DS).
Naming and Translations
Language Name Origin Albanian Memeci From memeci, dumb Arabic وايلد مت Wild Matt Bulgarian Тъподив (OS)Дивозвяр (UAF & OV) From тъп, stupidFrom диво, miracle and звяр, beast Burmese Tiger Monkey Chinese 超能兽 From 超能 (Chāo Néng), super, and 兽 (Shòu), beast Croatian Psina From psina, mutt Dutch Stomkop/Wildmutt From stomkop, mute head French Sauvage From sauvage, savage/wild German Biest From biest, beast Greek Αγριόσκυλο From Άγριο, wild and Σκυλί, dog Hebrew כלב פרא From פרא, wild and כלב, dog Hungarian Vadorzó From vadorzó, poacher and vad, wild Italian Bestiale From bestiale, bestial Japanese ワイルドマット From ワイルド (wairudo), wild and マット (matto), mutt Korean 몬스터 From 몬스터, monster Norwegian Wildmutt From the original English name Polish Dzikopysk From dziki, wild and pysk, mouth Portuguese (Br) Besta From besta, beast Romanian Salbaticul From salbatic, wild Russian Дикий ПёсКосмический Пёс From дикий пёс, wild dogFrom космический пёс, cosmic dog Serbian Џукац/Džukac From џукац/džukac, tike Spanish (HA) Bestia/Feral From bestia, beast and fiero, wild Spanish (Spain) Bestia/Feral From bestia, beast and fiero, wild Swedish Vilden From vilden, savage Turkish Yaban Köpek From yaban, wild and köpek, dog
- Wildmutt served as a replacement for Digger, an orange humanoid hero with digging abilities, when the crew decided to switch from superheroes to aliens. Dave Johnson designed him but noted that, like Ripjaws and XLR8, it was hard for animators to draw him.[DJ 2]
- Wildmutt is Ben’s only alien that is incapable of verbal speech, due to lacking the vocal anatomy to do so.[DJW 2] However, the Ultimatrix appears to fix this problem with Ultimate Wildmutt.
- In Race Against Time, Wildmutt had a higher-pitched snarl that sounded almost like screaming.
- In Ben 10,000, Ben 10,000’s Wildmutt has a snarl that sounds similar to a lion.
- Wildmutt is the only alien featured in Race Against Time to have his voice actor reprise his role from the original series.
- Wildmutt was originally planned to be one of the playable aliens in the Game Creator, but was soon removed from the game when Alien Force aired.
- 11-year-old Wildmutt is replaced with 11-year-old Snare-oh in the opening intro of Omniverse‘s Arc 4, specifically in the part where the former originally appeared alongside the 11-year-old versions of Four Arms, Feedback, and Grey Matter.
- Had he appeared on-screen, Mad Ben’s Wildmutt would have some kind of harness and collar with spikes.[DJW 3]
- Wildmutt’s name in the Croatian version of the cartoon, “Psina,” means “Great Dog,” but the same word is sometimes used to name several sharks, especially the Great white shark, which sometimes caused naming confusions between him and Ripjaws.
- Wildmutt has a very similar concept to the Doom 3 version of the “Pinky” Demon enemy: both are canine-esque beings whose faces display no visible eyes, ears or noses, walk on all fours, roar loudly and have massive powerful jaws with huge pointy teeth sticking out.
- Had Wildmutt been featured in the reboot, he would have been more humanoid. The crew did not want him looking anything but a dog,[DR 1] so he was not included in the show, even though Duncan Rouleau likes him.[DR 2]
Derrick J. Wyatt
Transformations Introduced in Ben 10 Arctiguana • Blitzwolfer • Buzzshock • Cannonbolt • Diamondhead • Ditto • Eye Guy • Four Arms • Frankenstrike • Ghostfreak • Grey Matter • Heatblast • Ripjaws • Snare-oh • Spitter • Stinkfly • Upchuck • Upgrade • Way Big • Wildmutt • Wildvine • XLR8 Introduced in Alien Force Alien X • Big Chill • Brainstorm • Chromastone • Echo Echo • Goop • Humungousaur • Jetray • Lodestar • Nanomech • Rath • Spidermonkey • Swampfire Introduced in Ultimate Alien Ampfibian • Armodrillo • Chamalien • Clockwork • Eatle • Fasttrack • Juryrigg • NRG • Shocksquatch • Terraspin • Water Hazard Introduced in Omniverse Astrodactyl • Atomix • Ball Weevil • Bloxx • Bullfrag • Crashhopper • Feedback • Gravattack • Gutrot • Kickin Hawk • Mole-Stache • Pesky Dust • The Worst • Toepick • Walkatrout • Whampire Future Aliens Sandbox • Shellhead • Snakepit Ultimate Aliens Albedo • Arctiguana • Big Chill • Cannonbolt • Echo Echo • Gravattack • Humungousaur • Rath • Spidermonkey • Swampfire • Way Big • Wildmutt Fusion Aliens Atomic-X • Big Chuck • Crashocker • Diamond Matter • Fourmungousaur • Heat Jaws • Humungoopsaur • Stink Arms • Uprigg Concept Fusion Aliens Gravadactyl • XLRG Other Aliens in Official Media Antigravitesla • Bob the Blob • Cartoon Network Alien • Eon (Retconned) • Moyo • Invincible • Plantapocalypse • Portaler • Rocks • Shadowman • Squidstrictor • Stretcheleo
Readmore: Attribute | Pink Army